FixDVD - AppleScript droplet that fixes DVDs to skip warnings, previews, etc.
To download click here.
To use: after ripping DVD, drop the folder with ripped files on FixDVD icon.
It writes 0x300600010183 into location 0x4f4 of VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
This makes the first command "Jump to title set 1, title 1, root menu".
Zip file containing sources and projects is here.
To build: open
FixDVD droplet.xcodeproj and click Build.
This is free software. I hope you will find it useful.
12/29/2010 - version 1.1
- Added new commands - should work with more disks. Now, every time you drop DVD folder on FixDVD icon, it will write the following commands in turn:
- 0x300600010183 = Jump to title set 1, title 1, root menu
- 0x300600010283 = Jump to title set 2, title 1, root menu
- 0x300200000001 = Jump to title 1
- original command from BUP file
After dropping DVD folder on FixDVD icon, drop it on DVD Player to see the effects. If it does not work, drop DVD folder on FixDVD icon again to try another command, then drop it again on DVD Player to check, and so on. On fourth drop, DVD will revert to original state.
If none of the above options work, I usually try to edit VIDEO_TS.IFO in one of the following:
- HexEdit - make sure Options/Use Overwrite Mode is checked, then find offset 0x4f4 and change 6 bytes to one of:
- 0x300600010183, replacing last 1 with 2, 3, 4, etc
- 0x300200000001, replacing last 1 with 2, 3, 4, etc
- myDVDEdit - very powerful (especially in difficult cases), but you may need to learn a bit about DVD structure
- fixDVD tool (inside the package in Resources/Scripts folder) is now universal 32/64 bit. The main FixDVD.app is still universal 32-bit, so it can run on Tiger.
- You can now drop VIDEO_TS folder (actually any folder containing VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP)
- In case of permission problems (or other errors), the program should now report the error, instead of silently failing
- Main AppleScript script is now editable (as was always my intention)
- Changed copyright to copyleft - you can do whatever you want with this program, except pretending that you wrote it
Just in case, old version (1.0) is here, and source too.